The August Business Owners’ Forum will be held on Thursday 20 August from 5:30pm to 7:00pm at level 4, 35 Robert Street, Whangarei. The Business Owners’ Forum is for Business Owners to meet and discuss issues of interest and relevance with a panel of experts – and without a sell from the supporters.
This month’s topic is “The mechanics, pros and cons of financing your company through the shareholders’ current account” – and the panel will be Stuart Spicer from Webb Ross, Geoff Grigg from BNZ Whangarei and Fraser Hurrell from Elevate CA.
The topic is big, and here are some details of what will be discussed:
- Tax treatment where shareholders finance their company through their current accounts;
- Structures to ensure maximum tax deductibility;
- Issues around unequal current accounts where there are multiple shareholders;
- Protection of shareholders’ interests in their company through means such as GSAs;
- How to deal with other parties conflicting claims over the company’s assets;
- isuues around cross-collateralisation;
- Potential issues should the company fail;
- Options around financing the company through the current account from the point of view of the bank and ways this can be structured.
Format will be a casual panel discussion over beer, wine and pizza. For more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Business Owners’ Forum is held on the third Thursday of every month alternating between Auckland and Whangarei, and is supported by The Bottom Line Expense Reduction, The IceHouse, Webb Ross, Elevate CA and the BNZ. The forum is targeted to owners of businesses turning over $1million or more.
Fraser Hurrell is one of three directors of Elevate CA Limited, Chartered Accountants & Business Advisors in Whangarei, New Zealand.