Elevate CA are growing quickly, and we’re looking for just the right accountant to join our team. Skills and professionalism are of course critical – but equally important is the mindset and attitude to thrive in the unique way we operate; relaxed – but highly focussed on providing fantastic value and service to our clients. We’re a very long way from the traditional accounting “factory”.
who are we?
Elevate CA Limited is nearing its first birthday. We are new, we are different and we are growing fast. We are small enough to be nimble – and we are willing to take a risk to try innovative ways to deliver better value and service to our clients. Ideas flow freely at Elevate CA.
We embrace innovation and change as a positive rather than avoiding it as a threat to “the way things are done around here”. We have up-to-the-minute IT, we are marketing focussed, and are always looking for opportunities to connect with the business community and to connect our business clients with each other.
We know that any employment relationship is a two-way street, so we’re keen to help our team to meet their personal goals while they go about the business of bringing the Elevate CA plans to fruition. We are members of the NZ Institute of Chartered Accountants – and we have a registered NZICA mentor on the team.
who we’re looking for?
This is an important role, so the person who joins our team has to be just right. These three attributes are “must-haves”:
1. Skills, professionalism and work ethic. This goes without saying, right?
2. Attitude. You will need to ooze the attitude necessary to thrive in our non-traditional environment – while keeping a total focus on the main prize of achieving great results for our clients.
3. We need you to be up to speed in the industry right now. You’ll need to have been employed as an accountant in an NZ Chartered Accounting business for the past three to four years.
If you can tick all three boxes, please read on – this may well be a great opportunity for you.
A partial accounting qualification, knowledge of MYOB AO and the confidence to speak publicly would be a real advantage. But we know that we can’t have everything, so none of those will be a deal killer.
This is a full time position based in our CBD Whangarei office, with plenty of client contact – and here’s what you’ll be doing:
1. preparation of financial statements and tax returns from source documents;
2. playing a key role in managing our relationship with clients, other professionals and the IRD;
3. assisting with the maintenance and constant improvement of our internal systems.
While the focus of this position will always be producing outstanding results for our clients, we pull together as a team to do what is required – so this will not be a role defined strictly by the letter of a job description.
We are commited to giving back to the business community that supports us, so we’d like you to get involved in the regular Business Owners Forums which we host free of charge – either by organising, promoting or presenting. If you have a particular area of business interest, we will encourage you (okay, maybe we’ll also apply some gentle pressure!) to cultivate your skills and present on the subject from time to time.
taking it further
If you’re the person we have described here, we’d very much like to hear from you. Here’s how to grab hold of this opportunity:
1. Check the three “must-have” attributes above. If you have them all, proceed straight to step two without delay!
2. Email your CV to goingUP@elevateCA.co.nz before Wednesday 17 March. We want to know about your CA experience, where you’re working right now, the kind of work you’re doing – and some clues about your career aspirations. You can count on our complete confidentiality.
3. We will move quickly, and will contact you around Friday 19 March acknowledging receipt of your CV – and to arrange interviews where applicable.
4. We aim to have the interview and reference checking process completed by 24 March – and to have made a decision and an offer of employment before the end of March.
5. We’re aiming for a start date at the beginning of May – and you will be very busy from day one!
Thank you for taking an interest in joining the Elevate CA team. If you’re the person described here – and if this opportunity is of interest to you, we’ll very much look forward to receiving your CV.
Fraser Hurrell is one of three directors of Elevate CA Limited, Chartered Accountants & Business Advisors in Whangarei, New Zealand.
You Might Also Enjoy Reading
- Hiring a Xero-Savvy Accountant - 20th February, 2017
- Christmas Break - Office Reopening 11 January 2016 - 11th December, 2015
- Returning Kiwis with Australian Rental Properties - 26th May, 2015
- Payments for hurt and humiliation – asymmetric tax treatment - 24th May, 2015
- Valuation of your Business - 23rd May, 2015